Welcome to the website for the parishes of Brighstone, Brook with Mottistone, Shorwell with Kingston.
Click to hear welcome message
Here you can find out about the services, events and groups associated with the churches, as well as information about the church buildings, and how we might be able to support you.
- Recent sermons can be found here.
- Join us for daily prayer here.
- For this week’s copy of The Link, click here.
- To view Shorwell, and Brook with Mottistone Newsletters, click here.
- To request a visit, please click here.
- To request a prayer, please click here.
- Details of the five churches fundraising commitments, including Ride and Stride can be found by clicking here.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Latest News and Events
- Come and make yourself heard! - A Bell Ringing taster session at St Mary’s Brighstone, 10.30-11.30am on Tuesday 7th April. Find out how a bell works, learn a bit of the history, what the ringers do and have a go under supervision of the Brighstone Ringers. This is mainly aimed at children and their parents during …
- Walk of Witness – 3rd April, Good Friday - Please note the Walk of Witness from Shorwell to Brighstone, will leave Shorwell at 1:30pm, not 2pm as previously advertised. This will tie in with the Good Friday Liturgy beginning at St Mary’s at 3pm.
- Easter in our Benefice - Click here to see what will be going on over Holy week and Easter in our churches. For any additional information, contact the church office.
- Good Friday, Walk of Witness - Steve will be leading a walk of witness from Shorwell to Brighstone on Good Friday, April 3rd. This will tie in with the service at 3pm at Brighstone. The walk will take the back roads through Yafford and Mill Lane, on through Brighstone via Galley Lane, finishing on the Main …
- Dementia-Friendly Easter Songs of Praise - If you or someone you know would like a straight forward, easy to follow Easter service, come along on Monday 30th March to St Mary’s Brighstone, at 2pm, for half an hour of traditional hymns and prayers.
- ZACCHAEUS ‘He climbed up in a sycamore tree. For the Lord he wanted to see’ - On Maundy Thursday, a choir drawn from singers across the West Wight (including members of St Mary’s choir) are to perform this modern musical. It’s a lively telling of an old bible story composed and directed by Richard Britton at Christ Church, Totland Bay on Thursday 2nd April at 4pm. …
- New Email for Enquiries - As many of you are aware by now, the geographical area we cover has changed with the formation of a new benefice (a group of parishes) into which Chale has transferred. Chale now sits in a new group together with Niton, Whitwell & St Lawrence. We have very much enjoyed …
- AGEUKIW Shorwell Drop-in-Surgeries - Following on from the success of the Brighstone Drop-In sessions, Judith Stratton will be at the Island Cottages Office, 1 Taylor Court, The Green, Shorwell from 10 – 11am every Monday starting on 9th February. She will be available to offer support and advice to anyone who is concerned about …
- AgeUKIW Community Coffee Morning - If you want something to brighten up your week during the cold winter months, come along to the community coffee morning on Tuesdays, 10 – 12 at the Methodist Chapel in Brighstone. Click here March 2015 Flyer to find out what is going on each week.
- Shorwell Spire Update - As you can see when you drive past Shorwell church, the scaffolding is now in place and the Stonemasons have begun work on removing the damaged stones. Here are a few close up photos of the damage caused by the lightning strike.