Welcome to the website for the parishes of Brighstone, Brook with Mottistone, Shorwell with Kingston.
Click to hear welcome message
Here you can find out about the services, events and groups associated with the churches, as well as information about the church buildings, and how we might be able to support you.
- The Five Churches Annual Parochial Church Reports can be read here.
- Recent sermons can be found here.
- Join us for daily prayer here.
- For this week’s copy of The Link, click here.
- To view Shorwell, and Brook with Mottistone Newsletters, click here.
- To request a visit, please click here.
- To request a prayer, please click here.
- Details of the five churches fundraising commitments, including Ride and Stride can be found by clicking here.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Latest News and Events
- Brook and Mottistone Spring Newsletter - Click on these links to read the latest Brook and Mottistone Newsletter: Newsletter Outside Newsletter Inside
- AgeUKIW Coffee Morning June Flyer - Click here to find out what is happening in June at the coffee mornings – 10am each Tuesday at The Methodist Chapel Brighstone.
- Hymn Books at Mottistone - The cost of the new hymn books for Mottistone has now been covered in full, for which we are very grateful.
- St Mary’s Brighstone – Church Cleaners Needed - Please help keep St Mary’s Brighstone welcoming to all who seek a few minutes quiet. If anyone out there has any spare time (or even a pair of friends who would like a good chin wag) St Mary’s Church is looking for Church cleaners. It’s not an onerous task, just …
- Taizé is coming to Brighstone…… - On the 5th June, Taizé is coming to Brighstone Church 8 – 9.30pm. Taizé is a tiny French village which has become a place of pilgrimage for visitors all over the world. Taizé music is based on the use of short musical phrases with easy to sing melodic units that are readily …
- Music for a Summer’s Evening - This concert raised a wonderful £534.50 which has been shared between St Mary’s church Brighstone, the IW Branch of the Motor Neurone Disease Association, and the DEC Appeal for the Nepal Earthquake Relief Fund.
- The Pilgrim’s Course - Beginning on May 19th, 7.30pm at 5 Northcourt Close, Shorwell, the Pilgrim’s Course will be working through the first book ‘Turning to Christ’ which looks at the questions we answer in our baptisms. This is aimed at ‘fringe’ members of the church, non-believers or anyone who would like to explore …
- May 2015 Flyer for Community Coffee Morning - Click here to find out what will be going on throughout May at the Community Coffee Mornings, Tuesdays 10 – 12noon. All welcome at Brighstone Methodist Chapel.
- Youth Work Update - Please click here to read what has been happening with our Youth Work and what the plans for the future are.
- New Dance Class for mature movers! - Every Thursday, 10.15-11.45 at the Scout Hut, Brighstone (term time only). Following a successful taster session organised by AGE UKIW, Michelle Hainsworth, is starting a new class in Brighstone. Michelle’s sessions are designed to be fun, social activities where people get together and do gentle dance exercises. They can help …