Welcome to the website for the parishes of Brighstone, Brook with Mottistone, Shorwell & Chale.
Click to hear welcome message
Here you can find out about the services, events and groups associated with the churches, as well as information about the church buildings, and how we might be able to support you.
- Recent sermons can be found here.
- Join us for daily prayer here.
- For this week’s copy of The Link, click here.
- To view Shorwell, and Brook with Mottistone Newsletters, click here.
- To request a visit, please click here.
- To request a prayer, please click here.
- Details of the five churches fundraising commitments, including Ride and Stride can be found by clicking here.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Latest News and Events
- Message from Helen - Christmas is a challenging time for most people, and trying to strike a balance between our individual needs and the often conflicting expectations of family and friends can be stressful. The commercialisation of Christmas can easily overwhelm the profound poignancy of the event at its heart, God immersed in our …
- Christmas Services in the Benefice - Click here Christmas Services for details of the Christmas services in all of our churches.
- Morning and Evening Prayer, and Mid-week Holy Communion at Brighstone - Please note, there will be no Morning Prayer as from the 25th December (inclusive) until the week beginning the 4th January. There will be no Evening Prayer as from the 24th December (inclusive) until the week of the 4th January. There will be no mid-week Holy Communion at Brighstone on …
- Community Christmas Day Lunch - Would you like to spend some time in Christmas day celebrating in the company of others? You are invited to attend a buffet style lunch from 12 noon to 3pm in the Scout Hut Brighstone. Transport is available if you need help to get there and couples are welcome as …
- Shorwell Spire Update - As you can see when you drive past Shorwell church, the scaffolding is now in place and the Stonemasons have begun work on removing the damaged stones. Here are a few close up photos of the damage caused by the lightning strike.
- PUBLIC NOTICE: Closure of Eastern Gateway at Mottistone Church - Everyone will have noticed the new heavy-duty safety fence surrounding the East Gate -and will be wondering why this has suddenly become necessary. The answer is that, during the past few weeks, worrying new cracks have appeared in the stone archway just where Mottistone visitors like to park their cars. The surveyor advises that the whole structure, sadly, is in imminent danger of …
- A thank you message from Karen… - A huge “thank you” to you all for your great generosity in my leaving gifts and for making my final services such memorable occasions. It was the best gift to see so many of you at Chale and Brook and to be able to celebrate the Eucharist together and to …
- Advent Carols at Brook - We said a fond farewell to Karen at our Advent Carol service last Sunday. The candlelit service, organised by many of the young people in the benefice, was a fitting opportunity to present Karen with a surprise gift of £400 from members of the congregations. An additional £400 was donated …
- ‘The Christmas Story’ – at St Andrew’s Chale - Do join us at St Andrew’s on the 20th December, 6pm, for ‘The Christmas Story’ – carols, reading and refreshments, all are welcome.
- Christmas Concerts - Do come and support the following concerts at St Mary’s Brighstone this weekend: 19th December, 7.30pm Ryde Chorus Christmas Carol concert. 20th December, 7.30pm The Army Benevolent Fund concert.