Welcome to the website for the parishes of Brighstone, Brook with Mottistone, Shorwell & Chale.
Click to hear welcome message
Here you can find out about the services, events and groups associated with the churches, as well as information about the church buildings, and how we might be able to support you.
- Recent sermons can be found here.
- Join us for daily prayer here.
- For this week’s copy of The Link, click here.
- To view Shorwell, and Brook with Mottistone Newsletters, click here.
- To request a visit, please click here.
- To request a prayer, please click here.
- Details of the five churches fundraising commitments, including Ride and Stride can be found by clicking here.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Latest News and Events
- CELEBRATE PANCAKE DAY – 17th February - Join friends from St Mary’s Brighstone, for freshly cooked pancakes with a choice of toppings. All are welcome and donations are toward the Youth Worker project. 5.30 – 7pm at The Wilberforce Hall.
- AgeUKIW Community Coffee Morning - If you want something to brighten up your week during the cold winter months, come along to the community coffee morning on Tuesdays, 10 – 12 at the Methodist Chapel in Brighstone. Click here January Flyer or here February Flyer to find out what is going on each week.
- Catalyst Weekend Away - There is a Catalyst weekend away from the 6th – 8th February for Year 9 and above. If anyone is interested in going, please see Peter Johnson.
- New Youth Group! - A new youth group will be starting on Friday 23rd January, 7 – 9pm, at The Rectory in Shorwell. Aimed at secondary school ages, (11-16), this will be fun and informal, with nibbles provided!! The first session will be a chance to get to know each other and decide what …
- ‘Thank you’ from Charlie Warne - I would like to thank everyone from St Peter’s church who contributed to my gift of a stone statue, in recognition of my services as Churchwarden for the past thirty years. Although I have stepped down from this position, I still fully intend to support St Peter’s to the best …
- As was announced in the churches last month…. - The Bishop, Patrons and Parish Representatives are pleased to announce that the new priest for Niton, Whitwell, St Lawrence and Chale will, subject to legal formalities, be the Revd Dr Nigel Porter. Nigel completed his curacy at Sandown last summer after a long career as a nurse and a nurse …
- Shorwell Spire Update - As you can see when you drive past Shorwell church, the scaffolding is now in place and the Stonemasons have begun work on removing the damaged stones. Here are a few close up photos of the damage caused by the lightning strike.
- PUBLIC NOTICE: Closure of Eastern Gateway at Mottistone Church - Everyone will have noticed the new heavy-duty safety fence surrounding the East Gate -and will be wondering why this has suddenly become necessary. The answer is that, during the past few weeks, worrying new cracks have appeared in the stone archway just where Mottistone visitors like to park their cars. The surveyor advises that the whole structure, sadly, is in imminent danger of …