Welcome to the website for the parishes of Brighstone, Brook with Mottistone, Shorwell with Kingston.
Click to hear welcome message
Here you can find out about the services, events and groups associated with the churches, as well as information about the church buildings, and how we might be able to support you.
- The Five Churches Annual Parochial Church Reports can be read here.
- Recent sermons can be found here.
- Join us for daily prayer here.
- For this week’s copy of The Link, click here.
- To view Shorwell, and Brook with Mottistone Newsletters, click here.
- To request a visit, please click here.
- To request a prayer, please click here.
- Details of the five churches fundraising commitments, including Ride and Stride can be found by clicking here.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Latest News and Events
- Service at The Scout Hut this Sunday, 26th April - Join us at The Scout Hut in Brighstone, this Sunday at 10:30 for our service with the Scouting and Guiding Associations, all welcome.
- Youth Group Summer Adventure! - Click here to see what is being planned for the Youth Group Summer Adventure this year.
- Youth Work Update - Please click here to read what has been happening with our Youth Work and what the plans for the future are.
- New Dance Class for mature movers! - Every Thursday, 10.15-11.45 at the Scout Hut, Brighstone (term time only). Following a successful taster session organised by AGE UKIW, Michelle Hainsworth, is starting a new class in Brighstone. Michelle’s sessions are designed to be fun, social activities where people get together and do gentle dance exercises. They can help …
- ‘Pitch up at the Pub!’ - AgeUKIW will be hosting coffee mornings every Friday at The Crown Inn, Shorwell from 10:30 – 12noon. Pop in for a chat and try their delicious coffee and cake for just £2. There will also be the opportunity to receive Help with your computer – we are lucky to have …
- Archdeacon’s Living Together Document - The Archdeacon’s Living Together document – a paper for the Joint Synods and parishes of East and West Wight as they move towards forming one Deanery for the Isle of Wight and the development of an Island Plan for the Church for the next ten years – can be read …
- Music for a Summer’s Evening – St Mary’s Brighstone - Come along on Saturday 2nd May, 7.30pm for an evening of music and refreshments. Chrissie Acland (mezzo-soprano), Robin Lang (tenor), Richard Wilkins (piano) and Sandy Hunt (violin) are providing a varied musical programme in aid of IW Motor Neurone Disease Association and St Mary’s church. There will be raffle and …
- Sunday 17th May – Concert at St Andrew’s Church, Chale at 6pm. - Singing for the first time ever outside France, the 20 mixed-voice singers from Valen’Choeur have chosen the Isle of Wight to present a selection of popular songs, in both English and French, ranging from classical through to jazz, gospel, folk and pop. Entrance is free but we will be selling …
- AGEUKIW Shorwell Drop-in-Surgeries - Following on from the success of the Brighstone Drop-In sessions, Judith Stratton will be at the Island Cottages Office, 1 Taylor Court, The Green, Shorwell from 10 – 11am every Monday starting on 9th February. She will be available to offer support and advice to anyone who is concerned about …
- AgeUKIW Community Coffee Morning - If you want something to brighten up your week, come along to the community coffee morning on Tuesdays, 10 – 12 at the Methodist Chapel in Brighstone. Click here April Flyer 2015 to find out what is going on each week.