Welcome to the website for the parishes of Brighstone, Brook with Mottistone, Shorwell & Chale.
Click to hear welcome message
Here you can find out about the services, events and groups associated with the churches, as well as information about the church buildings, and how we might be able to support you.
- Recent sermons can be found here.
- Join us for daily prayer here.
- For this week’s copy of The Link, click here.
- To view Shorwell, and Brook with Mottistone Newsletters, click here.
- To request a visit, please click here.
- To request a prayer, please click here.
- Details of the five churches fundraising commitments, including Ride and Stride can be found by clicking here.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Latest News and Events
- PUBLIC NOTICE: Closure of Eastern Gateway at Mottistone Church - Everyone will have noticed the new heavy-duty safety fence surrounding the East Gate -and will be wondering why this has suddenly become necessary. The answer is that, during the past few weeks, worrying new cracks have appeared in the stone archway just where Mottistone visitors like to park their cars. The surveyor advises that the whole structure, sadly, is in imminent danger of …
- A thank you message from Karen… - A huge “thank you” to you all for your great generosity in my leaving gifts and for making my final services such memorable occasions. It was the best gift to see so many of you at Chale and Brook and to be able to celebrate the Eucharist together and to …
- Brighstone Christmas Tree Festival - Click here for details of the 18th Brighstone Christmas Tree Festival.
- Advent Carols at Brook - We said a fond farewell to Karen at our Advent Carol service last Sunday. The candlelit service, organised by many of the young people in the benefice, was a fitting opportunity to present Karen with a surprise gift of £400 from members of the congregations. An additional £400 was donated …
- Christmas Services in the Benefice - Click here Christmas Services for details of the Christmas services in all of our churches.
- Local Police Surgeries at The Exchange - Our local police will be holding drop-in surgeries at The Exchange on Monday 15th, 10am – 12 noon and Wednesday 17th December, 2.30pm – 3.30pm. Pop in to discuss any local issues.
- ‘The Christmas Story’ – at St Andrew’s Chale - Do join us at St Andrew’s on the 20th December, 6pm, for ‘The Christmas Story’ – carols, reading and refreshments, all are welcome.
- Carol Singing in Brighstone - Wednesday 17th December, meet at 6.00pm in St Mary’s Church. All who enjoy a good sing, please join us. We will visit various households around the village, to sing Christmas Carols to the housebound folk of Brighstone. Wrap up warmly and bring a torch or lantern. Mince pies and coffee …
- Steve’s Skydive Success! - Steve successfully undertook his skydive last Saturday in near perfect conditions, apart from the temperature, a mind-numbing -25°c!!
- Christmas Concerts - We are lucky enough to have a choice of concerts to look forward to over the coming weeks at St Mary’s Brighstone: 16th December, 7pm The Slipshod Singers with Brighstone Barnacles. 19th December, 7.30pm Ryde Chorus Christmas Carol concert. 20th December, 7.30pm The Army Benevolent Fund concert.