Welcome to the website for the parishes of Brighstone, Brook with Mottistone, Shorwell with Kingston.
Click to hear welcome message
Here you can find out about the services, events and groups associated with the churches, as well as information about the church buildings, and how we might be able to support you.
- Recent sermons can be found here.
- Join us for daily prayer here.
- For this week’s copy of The Link, click here.
- To view Shorwell, and Brook with Mottistone Newsletters, click here.
- To request a visit, please click here.
- To request a prayer, please click here.
- Details of the five churches fundraising commitments, including Ride and Stride can be found by clicking here.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Latest News and Events
- Quiet Morning Saturday 7th March - 10am – 12.30pm in Shalfleet Village Hall, led by Rev Jenny Manners – an opportunity to make time and space for God, to come with an open mind, to switch off from daily chores, to relax and soak up whatever is on offer, with space to think. Jenny will provide …
- Shrove Tuesday pancakes - A big thank you to all those who attended the pancake evening on Shrove Tuesday. We think the event was started way back in 1993 by Tim Eady. A rough estimate of 300 pancakes were duly flipped and consumed. Many thanks to the efficient team of helpers. Donations were towards …
- Lent Course – Living Together - You are welcome to join Helen each Friday in March, at Shalfleet village hall 12:30 – 1:30 for a simple lunch, with discussions about our response to the challenges of living the Gospel in our context, using the Archdeacon’s framework for the church on the island.
- New Email for Enquiries - As many of you are aware by now, the geographical area we cover has changed with the formation of a new benefice (a group of parishes) into which Chale has transferred. Chale now sits in a new group together with Niton, Whitwell & St Lawrence. We have very much enjoyed …
- AGEUKIW Shorwell Drop-in-Surgeries - Following on from the success of the Brighstone Drop-In sessions, Judith Stratton will be at the Island Cottages Office, 1 Taylor Court, The Green, Shorwell from 10 – 11am every Monday starting on 9th February. She will be available to offer support and advice to anyone who is concerned about …
- Emmaus: - If you have a child in Year 6 at Brighstone Primary they will have recently received a letter inviting them to join the Emmaus course. This course runs on Tuesdays after school, 2.45pm until 4pm from 24th February – 7th May (taking a break for Easter) at The Exchange next …
- Lent Lunches 2015 - The dates and venues for this year’s Lent Lunches are as follow: 21st Feb at The Methodist Chapel, in aid of the Youth Worker Project 28th Feb at Brighstone Scout Hut, organised by Christian Aid Group 7th March at Brighstone Methodist Chapel, in aid of IW Air Ambulance 14th March …
- AgeUKIW Community Coffee Morning - If you want something to brighten up your week during the cold winter months, come along to the community coffee morning on Tuesdays, 10 – 12 at the Methodist Chapel in Brighstone. Click here February Flyer or here March 2015 Flyer to find out what is going on each week.
- New Youth Group - If you are aged 11 – 16 and are looking for something to do on a Friday evening, come and try our new youth group 7 – 9pm, at The Vicarage in Shorwell. This is fun and informal, and amazing value at only £1 per session!!
- Shorwell Spire Update - As you can see when you drive past Shorwell church, the scaffolding is now in place and the Stonemasons have begun work on removing the damaged stones. Here are a few close up photos of the damage caused by the lightning strike.