Welcome to the website for the parishes of Brighstone, Brook with Mottistone, Shorwell & Chale.
Click to hear welcome message
Here you can find out about the services, events and groups associated with the churches, as well as information about the church buildings, and how we might be able to support you.
- Recent sermons can be found here.
- Join us for daily prayer here.
- For this week’s copy of The Link, click here.
- To request a visit, please click here.
- To request a prayer, please click here.
- Details of the five churches fundraising commitments, including Ride and Stride can be found by clicking here.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Latest News and Events
- Easter Weekend News from Ben, youth worker - “Last weekend we spent time reflecting and journeying as a group through the Easter story, from Holy Saturday into Easter Sunday; we joined with the Agape meal in the evening with our Church family, exploring the feelings that the disciples would have felt at that specific time. We then stayed …
- Good Neighbour Scheme Questionnaire - There is a ‘Good Neighbour Scheme’ questionnaire initiated by AgeUKIW, included in the May newsletter. Judith Stratton, who is the AgeUKIW Community Development Officer for the Five Parishes, would appreciate it if you would take a few minutes to complete it. This is a great opportunity for you to contribute …
- Thank you from West Wight Children’s Centre - West Wight Children’s Centre would like to express their thanks for the donations they received from the Christmas services at Brook and Brighstone churches. The money has enabled them to buy new toys for the Centre, and put on a cookery course, ‘Eat Better, Start Better’ for parents and children, …
- Roman Catholic Mass at St Andrew’s - As part of the 900th celebrations, there will be a Roman Catholic Mass at St Andrew’s on Friday 9th May at 7pm, embracing St Andrew’s Roman Catholic heritage and the influence this continues to have on our worship today.
- Portsmouth Cathedral Choir at St Andrew’s - Portsmouth Cathedral Choir will be giving a concert on the 17th May at 7pm, in St Andrew’s church. Please note the usual Holy Communion service at 5pm will not be taking place that day. Entry to the concert is free, but donations are invited towards the St Andrew’s W.C. and …
- Evensong at Calbourne – Sunday 23rd March - The cluster Evensong held at Calbourne, and attended by the Archdeacon, was thoroughly enjoyed by all. This is a photo of the ‘cluster choir’.
- Award Winning Website! - Our five churches website has won a competition run by the Diocese of Portsmouth, for the most improved parish website, winning £200! Please do look through our site where you can find service information, christening/wedding/funeral information, the calendar of events, sermons, The Link, and some lovely photos of our beautiful …
- Chale’s 900th Anniversary Programme of Events - By clicking on this link, St Andrew’s 900th Anniversary Year Programme of Events, you can find out what is happening throughout this special year for St Andrew’s. Do come and support these events, there is something for everyone.