Welcome to the website for the parishes of Brighstone, Brook with Mottistone, Shorwell & Chale.
Click to hear welcome message
Here you can find out about the services, events and groups associated with the churches, as well as information about the church buildings, and how we might be able to support you.
- Recent sermons can be found here.
- Join us for daily prayer here.
- For this week’s copy of The Link, click here.
- To request a visit, please click here.
- To request a prayer, please click here.
- Details of the five churches fundraising commitments, including Ride and Stride can be found by clicking here.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Latest News and Events
- Bell Ringing Taster Session - Brighstone Bell Ringers are having a “Taster Session” on Saturday 1st November, 10.30-12.00, in St Mary’s Church, for those who might like to have a go, meet the ringers, and find out what bell ringing is all about. This is for all ages; we look forward to seeing anyone who …
- Thanks from the Solent Male Voice Choir - St Mary’s received a cheque for £200 from the recent concert put on by Solent Male Voice choir and Treverna Male Choir. It was an enjoyable afternoon, and we hope to welcome the choirs back another time.
- AgeUK Community Coffee Morning - On the 28th October, Marion Kennett, Good Neighbour Scheme (GNS) Administrator and Placement Officer, is based in the GNS office in Newport. She rings volunteers to arrange tasks for them to do in their local community. Take an opportunity to chat to her if you would like help from a …
- All Souls’ Services - The names of loved ones who have died will be read out in the All Souls’ services to be held on Sunday 2nd November at Chale at 4pm and Brook at 6pm. If you would like a loved one remembered in this way, please print their name on the lists …
- Bazumble - St Andrew’s, Chale, will be holding a Bazumble in church on Saturday 15th November 10am-2pm. Donations of any saleable items would be much appreciated. Please deliver to Mrs Wendy Hardy, Yew Tree Cottage, The Terrace, Chale, PO38 2HL. Collection can be arranged. Thank you.
- Skydiving Steve – relaunch this Sunday the 26th!! - Steve Sutcliffe will be skydiving from 15, 000 feet, now on the 26th October, weather-permitting, in aid of Cancer Research. If you would like to sponsor Steve, there are forms in all the churches, any amount gratefully received! Steve’s jump will take place at Old Sarum Airfield, Salisbury. Steve would …
- Children’s Society Coffee Morning - Please come and give your support to our coffee morning in aid of The Children’s Society, Wednesday 22nd October 10am–12 noon, at The Methodist Chapel, Brighstone. There will be a bring and buy sale, and donations of cakes either on the day or beforehand are welcomed. Please contact Anne Willoughby …
- Steve’s Licensing - Many congratulations to Steve Sutcliffe, who became a fully-licensed Lay Minister, on Saturday 4th October!
- New Youth Worker Wanted! - We are currently advertising for a new Youth Training Project Worker, to continue the work Ben has done throughout the Five Churches, over the last four years. Please click on the following link to read the advert details in full, Advert for a Youth Training Project Worker.
- Breakfast at the Rectory in Brighstone - This starts on the 10th September at 8.30am, for parents of children at Brighstone Primary School. All welcome!