Welcome to the website for the parishes of Brighstone, Brook with Mottistone, Shorwell & Chale.
Click to hear welcome message
Here you can find out about the services, events and groups associated with the churches, as well as information about the church buildings, and how we might be able to support you.
- Recent sermons can be found here.
- Join us for daily prayer here.
- For this week’s copy of The Link, click here.
- To request a visit, please click here.
- To request a prayer, please click here.
- Details of the five churches fundraising commitments, including Ride and Stride can be found by clicking here.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Latest News and Events
- Emergency Appeal for the Ebola Crisis - Thank you to everyone who donated to the appeal. I am pleased to report that the sum of £302 has been forwarded to Christian Aid for their work in relation to the crisis. Madeline Goodman.
- New Licensed Lay Minister - We are very pleased to announce that Steve Sutcliffe has been appointed to the post of Licensed Lay Minister, fixed term for two years, for the parishes of Brighstone, Brook with Mottistone and Shorwell. Steve will be based in Shorwell, take services across the benefice; develop the Moot (café-church, monthly …
- AgeUK Coffee Morning - Tuesday, 10-12 at The Methodist Chapel, Brighstone. This week, the 2nd December, we will be making decorations to go on a tree we are entering in the Brighstone Christmas Tree Festival. If you are not a crafty sort and would rather bring in a decoration to place on the tree …
- Remembrance Collection total - At the Remembrance service at St Mary’s Brighstone, a total of £493.96 was collected, half of which will go to the Royal British Legion, and half to Help the Heroes. Many thanks for your generosity.
- Chale Churchyard Committee Quiz Evening Reminder - There are a couple of tables still free for the Quiz Evening on Wednesday, 3rd December, 7.30pm at Chale W.I. village hall If you would like to come, please telephone either Derek Sprake on 551234 or Lyn Atkinson on 730582. £12 per team of 4 (includes refreshments).
- Chale Bazumble Total - A huge “thank you” to everyone who worked so hard to make the Bazumble in Chale Church such a success – all those who donated the mountain of items to sell, the band of strong-armed men who carried tables backwards and forwards, all the helpers who sorted the goods and …
- United Service at Chale – 30th November - 30th November is a fifth Sunday and therefore a United Service which will take place at Chale at 11am. Bishop Christopher is coming to preside and preach at the Eucharist as we acknowledge the end of Chale’s 900th anniversary year and the beginning of the Advent season and the church’s …
- Advent Carols and Readings Sunday 7th December at St Mary’s Brook - This is our United Service to mark the beginning of Advent and to focus on preparing to celebrate the mystery of the incarnation at Christmas. It is also our last opportunity to say thank you and farewell to Karen, so please do join us there.
- The Undercliff Singers present ‘CHALE CHIMES’ - Do come along and hear the Undercliff Singers at St Andrew’s Chale, on Saturday November 29th at 7pm. There is a lovely, varied programme, with a combination of singing and bell chiming, including some festive Christmas songs, celebrating 900 years of music. All donations will be for the Kitchen/Toilet project.
- Camerata Chamber Choir Presents…… - ….the Island Premiere of Karl Jenkins’, ‘Motets’, on Saturday 6th December at 7pm, at St Mary Church, Brighstone. ‘Motets’, is a brand new, exquisite collection of well-known pieces, taken from Karl Jenkins’ various choral works and completely re-arranged for acapella singing. Tickets are £7 each, available from The Village Shop …